A BDSM store can provide so many items that sometimes shoppers can get lost in the multitude of BDSM supplies provided, making it difficult to wade through the large selection and find the areas of a BDSM store that are great starter points for a newbie. For those who are new to the BDSM world a handy little shopping guide may be able to help you start off on the right foot and get you embracing and experiencing all that the BDSM world has to offer. So, below you will find the top 5 sections of a BDSM store that every newbie needs to explore, whether locally or through the internet.
1. Protection – Though BDSM stores don’t have the monopoly on selling protection for sexual activities, many BDSM shops can offer a wide range of protection that is geared towards the sexual activities you are going to be partaking in. Taking a look at what kinds of protection is offered such as hypoallergenic condoms, dental dams and more.
2. Lube and Latex Care – Because sexual activity in a BDSM relationship can be a little more engaging than a vanilla lifestyle, lubes and supplies for latex care are a necessity. A BDSM shop can provide a large selection of lubrication such as anal lubes that are water resistant to heavy duty lubes for more forceful or larger penetration. A BDSM store will also have a varying selection on latex care such as cleansers for BDSM toys to oils used to make latex shimmer and shine, looking beautiful in every light.
3. BDSM Fashion – Many BDSM stores offer more than just toys, lube and protection; they offer BDSM fashion in all sizes, colors and purposes to help create the right atmosphere for a good BDSM scene. From corsets and pasties to thong harnesses and full body leather sheaths; a BDSM store can provide all the fashion accessories to meet every sadomasochistic or D/s need.
4. BDSM Collars & Bondage – Any BDSM relationship is going to use some form of collars, leashes or bondage in sexual activities and a BDSM store can provide all kinds of BDSM equipment to make that happen. A good BDSM store will supply such items as restraints, gags, clamps, harnesses, blindfolds, ropes and masks.
5. BDSM Toys – All BDSM stores have a wide variety of adult toys to make any scene complete. From dildos to plugs, to strap ons, to vibrators, to anal probes and more. A BDSM store can provide toys to turn the act of giving sexual pleasure into a true art form and shouldn’t be overlooked.